Undoubtedly, you’ve heard of Switzerland’s famous chocolate and cheese. Did you also know that Switzerland loves bread, with over 200 regional varieties? Or, that Swiss cuisine includes French, German and Italian influences?
Since moving from the US to Switzerland in 2012, I’ve developed a passion for learning about Swiss cooking and baking. Cuisine Helvetica is my personal blog where I document and share my experiences as I discover this country’s food, drink and culinary travel. After working in the public and nonprofit sectors for the majority of my career, today I’ve reinvented myself as a food writer, cookbook author, content creator and recipe developer.
Helvetica: The Latin name for Switzerland. The nation’s official moniker is Confoederatio Helvetica.
My goal for Cuisine Helvetica is to share Swiss recipes you can use at home. I also publish articles via my blog and social media with food-related travel recommendations for Switzerland. These can include culinary events and regional specialties. Whether you live in Switzerland or visit here, I hope this information will help give you a taste of Swiss cuisine and culture.
My Top 3 blog posts: Aromat (left), Swiss Christmas cookies (center) & Sugus (right).
- Author – Swiss Bread: A Culinary Journey of Switzerland in 42 Sweet and Savory Recipes, (Available in English, French and German via Helvetiq), Fall 2020
- Participant – Switzerland Tourism’s Influencer Summit 2019
- Jury Member – Concours Suisse des Produits du Terroir 2017 and 2019
- Finalist – Saveur Blog 2018 Awards, Best Special Interest Blog
- Winner – Miele’s #SharedKitchen Challenge, 2018
To learn more about my published work, please check out my portfolio. If you would like to contact me about writing an article for your publication or working together on a culinary project, please send me an email.
Many thanks for visiting, and let’s keep in touch!