First time visiting my blog, Cuisine Helvetica? Here’s some information about how it all got started…
Undoubtedly, you’ve heard of Switzerland’s famous chocolate and cheese. Did you also know that Switzerland has over 200 different kinds of bread? Or, that Swiss cuisine includes French, German and Italian influences?
Since moving from the US to Switzerland in 2012, I’ve developed a passion for learning about Swiss cooking and baking. Cuisine Helvetica is my personal blog where I document and share my experiences as I discover Switzerland’s food, drink and culinary destinations. After working in the public and nonprofit sectors for the majority of my career, today I’ve reinvented myself as a food writer, cookbook author and recipe developer.
Helvetica: The Latin name for Switzerland. The nation’s official moniker is Confoederatio Helvetica.
My goal for Cuisine Helvetica is to share Swiss recipes you can use at home. Or, are you planning a trip to Switzerland? I also publish articles via my blog and social media with food-related travel recommendations. For example, these can include information about culinary events or regional specialties. Whether you live in Switzerland or visit here, I want to give you a taste of Swiss cuisine.
My Top 3 blog posts:
Aromat (left), Swiss Christmas cookies (center) & Sugus (right).
- COMING THIS FALL: Sweet & Swiss: A culinary journey of Switzerland in 45 irresistible desserts (Available in English, French and German via Helvetiq), 2022.
- Swiss Bread: A Culinary Journey of Switzerland in 42 Sweet and Savory Recipes.(Available in English, French and German via Helvetiq), 2020.
- Participant – Switzerland Tourism’s Influencer Summit 2019
- Jury Member – Concours Suisse des Produits du Terroir 2017, 2019 and 2021
- Winner – Miele’s #SharedKitchen Challenge, 2018
- Finalist – Saveur Blog 2018 Awards, Best Special Interest Blog
Many thanks for visiting, and let’s keep in touch!