May 10, 2018
Recipe: Pea Soup with Watercress, Radishes & Sbrinz Cheese
For a quick lunch or dinner, here’s a super easy recipe made with frozen peas and topped with fresh watercress, thinly sliced radishes and Sbrinz cheese.
Pea Soup with Watercress, Radishes & Sbrinz Cheese
A fresh spring soup with a Swiss cheese that can be thrown together for a weeknight supper. Serve with some crusty bread.
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups (500 grams) frozen peas
- 2 1/2 cups (about 600 ml) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup (30 ml) light cream
- fresh watercress
- thinly sliced radishes
- Sbrinz cheese (or Parmesan), thinly sliced or grated
- plain yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil. Add the chopped shallots and garlic and cook for a few minutes over medium high heat until they become softened and slightly transparent.
- Add the peas and vegetable broth to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 2-4 minutes until cooked.
- Use an immersion or stand-up blender to blend the peas and broth into a smooth, liquid texture.
- Stir in the cream and warm the soup over medium high heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and carefully lay the toppings on the surface of the soup: watercress, radishes, Sbrinz and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Updated: May 10, 2022
Categories: Cheese, Lunch/dinner, Recipes, Swiss, Swiss food, Switzerland, Vegetables
Tagged as: Cheese, cooking, food, Sbrinz, Swiss, Swiss food, Switzerland
Leave a Reply