An easy and festive vegetarian recipe with a Swiss cheese from the Jura canton.
Spaghetti Squash with Tête de Moine
- spaghetti squash (one or several)
- rosettes of Tête de Moine
- dried cranberries
- walnuts, roughly chopped
- fresh arugula
- chervil or other fresh herbs
- extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Add some water to a roasting pan, so the bottom is covered, and place the squash halves in the pan – skin side up.
- In an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F, bake the squash for 30-45 minutes, until it becomes tender. While the squash is baking, toast the walnuts and prepare the other ingredients.
- Take the squash out and place the halves on individual plates. Using a fork, scrape the golden, yellow flesh of the squash until it forms spaghetti-like strands.
- Gently add all the following ingredients to the squash — starting first with the cheese and arugula, followed by the walnuts and cranberries. Finally, add the chervil. Then, carefully add a quick sprinkle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Finally, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
VERA PURE Giveaway
To help you celebrate the holidays this season, Cuisine Helvetica and VERA PURE are offering you a chance to win two 6-piece MoonLashes cutlery sets: two sets of the 3-piece Gourmet series (fork, knife and spoon) and two sets of the 3-piece Café series (espresso fork, cake fork and café spoon), valued at CHF 310.80.
I first learned about VERA PURE at Chef Alps 2017 in Zürich, when Dominique Crenn — named the World’s Best Female Chef in 2016 — used designer Vera Purtscher’s glassware on stage to present the food she had prepared. Ms. Purtscher, who is based in the Swiss canton of St. Gallen, describes her designs as “nomadic little pieces of architecture.”
At home, my family and I have been using the MoonLashes cutlery. The pieces have a very elegant and ergonomic design. I especially like the spoon designed for left-handers, like me. Ms. Purtscher has tilted the bowl of the spoon slightly to the right. The slender knife also has a unique design that seems to make cutting easier and more comfortable. Overall, I find them to be enjoyable to use — they make an ordinary meal feel just a little more special.
HOW TO ENTER: If you’re interested in entering the VERA PURE Giveaway, please head over to my Instagram post and follow the instructions. Questions? Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for the giveaway. The deadline for the giveaway is Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 23:59 CET. The winner will be announced soon after this deadline.
Many thanks, and good luck!
Please note: This post is sponsored by VERA PURE. I received one complete set of MoonLashes cutlery for my honest review. Everything is 100% my own views from personal use and experience with this product.