Swiss Cooking Class: Options For Beginners and Amateurs
Want to brush up on your culinary skills at a Swiss cooking class? Or, maybe you’re looking for a gift certificate for someone? If so, here’s a list of cooking schools in Switzerland you can choose from, depending on your location, interests and language preferences. Many of these have a regular schedule of courses. Or you can organize a private workshop or team-building activity for varying numbers of participants. Follow the links below to contact the schools directly for more information.
- Alimentarium (Vevey) – I took a class at the Alimentarium, the world’s first food-themed museum, in October 2017.
- Atelier Cuisine (Vevey)
- Les Laboratoires Culinaires (Neuchâtel)
- Les Papilles à la Fête (Nyon)
- Parfum d’épices (Crissier)
- Swiss Food Academy (Geneva)
- Swiss Smart Cook (Nyon)
- Carlotta e il Bassotto (Lugano)
- La Cucina degli Ulivi (Massagno)
- Meret Bissegger – La Cucina Naturale (Malvaglia)
- La Cuisine Kochschule (Zurich)
- ÉTOILE – L’atelier des gourmands (Zurich)
- Hiltl Akademie (Zurich) – The world’s oldest continously operating vegetarian restaurant also has a culinary school.
- Sherly’s Kitchen (Zurich) – I took Sherly’s Swiss cheese master class in 2018.
- Sobre Mesa (Zurich)
Have you taken a Swiss cooking class recently? Where did you go, and how was it? If there’s a cooking school you think should be added to my list, please leave a comment below or contact me. Thanks!
Updated: October 19, 2022